Each year, I act like a small child around the holidays. I take long walks around the neighborhood looking at lights, I spend hours decorating the tree, I bake cookies all weekend, just your typical American getting into the holiday spirit.
This is the first year that I just really don't care. Perhaps I'm getting older, or maybe I'm just tired of hearing about all the specials at Walmart, but this year, I don't feel like the happiest elf.
I've decided possible solutions may or may not include the following:
1. Wrapping the presents I've purchased for friends and family
2. Eating one candy cane per hour, per day, until I realize it's the holiday season.
3. Sending holiday cards (done). And they're holiday cards if you're pagan.
4. Burning a pine scented candle in my office.
5. Singing a round of We Wish You a Merry Christmas every hour, per day, until I realize it's the holiday season.
6. Building a train garden with my Dad.
7. Drive to Hampden and try to climb the hubcap tree on 34th street.
If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know.