Monday, August 20, 2007

In Memoriam

One of my most favorite people ever, my Grandma, Margaret Rose, passed away yesterday. I could go on and on about how she was one of the best Grandma's a little (and big) girl could have ever wanted, and maybe I will some other day.

But, for now, I will share one of my favorite recipes of hers. Some of the best times with my family were spent over this vegetable dip in the living room of Elm Street. It is best enjoyed with Gibbles potato chips. If they are hard to come by in your neighborhood, I suggest Grandma Utz.

Margaret Rose's Rainbow Dip (makes a double batch)

2 packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Mayo
1 Tbs. Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tsp. Sugar
1/2 Tsp. Salt (or more to taste)
1 Fairly good size cucumber
1/2 Green Pepper
4-6 Radishes, depending on size

Pulse cucumber in food processor and drain excess water. Pulse green pepper and radishes and place in bowl with cucumber. Pulse together remaining ingredients. Add vegetables to food processor and pulse until smooth. Chill at least 2 hours to allow flavors to meld. Serve with salty chips made with lard.

I have to be honest in saying that sometimes, this dip is served straight away.

I will be back later in the week with her recipe for sticky buns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:( I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

And that dip is awesome.

Even the blogger word verification captcha thinks so: isMMMjep