Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What I Made for Dinner - 03/16/09

I am trying to get out of my winter rut of making tofu and refried beans once a week for dinner (even though it is tasty).

Last night, I made an olive and sun dried tomato tapenade and served it with some endive spears from the Everyday Italian cookbook. It was my first time making tapenade and it was so simple! It was also the first time I got to break out my new olive pitter and I don't know how I lived without one.

I also made a lasagna from the America's Best New Recipes cookbook. I modified it a little by using ground turkey instead of meatloaf mix because I don't eat veal. I also forgot to buy heavy cream at the store, but I didn't really miss it in the sauce. The best thing about making sauce now is the awesome dutch oven I received for Christmas! It's the best cookware ever.

Tapenade and Endive!

Sauce is ready!

Lasagna is assembled in the dish!

Piece of lasagna!

No comments: