Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A Diversion from Burgers. The grilled cheese from Tweede's



Last weekend, I had the wonderful opportunity to go on a pilgrimage to the little town of North Bend, Washington. Never heard of this town? Well, you probably weren't a fan of Twin Peaks then. I am a huge fan of Twin Peaks. I remember eating cherry pie and drinking black coffee at the ripe old age of 13 during every episode. I would sit and analyze the characters' every move. Yes, I was a big dork (and still am).

Tweede's Diner, as it is now called, was used as the exterior shots for both the show and the movie. In the show, it's called the "TT Diner". The original interior of the diner, before it was set on fire in the late 1990's was used in the pilot episode of Twin Peaks. Now, the interior is lined with hundreds of Tweedy birds, which is quite creepy, if you ask me.

I ordered the grilled cheese on wheat toast. It comes with all you can eat fries. The grilled cheese was perfectly prepared. The cheese was very melted, and just enough butter was put on the bread, so it wasn't greasy, but crunchy. This is the best grilled cheese I've had in years.

The fries were fresh, and tasted like they were fried in peanut oil. They were also all you can eat.

But, I had to save room for pie.

The pie was good, but the crust was a little soggy for me. I still enjoyed it thought because it was "the" cherry pie. Doesn't it look delicious?

No comments: