Friday, November 03, 2006

Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D Review

I went to see the Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D yesterday. One of my personal goals in life is to someday be the only person in a huge movie theater watching a film. I almost accomplished it yesterday, but three people walked in at the last minute, spoiling my excitement.

The movie itself was so much better than watching it at home. I never got the chance to see it in the theater the first time around. I found that I appreciated the scenery and general artistry of the film more on the big screen.

As for the 3-D aspect of the film, I felt it could have been done a little better. Some of the images seemed a little blurry to me. Especially when compared with the cute short movie they showed beforehand. However, the overall three dimensionality (is that a word?) of the film was brilliant.

The short shown before the movie was about a snowman trapped in a snow globe. This won me over, particularly since I collect cheesy snow globes from funny places and states. So, if you're going to the Corn Palace in South Dakota this year, please buy me one and send it to me. Thanks.

If you're not, I'd still recommend you give this movie a watching. It was worth it.

Tonight....BORAT! I can't wait!

No comments: