Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Burgers I've Eaten - Part 7

It's been a while since I've tasted a new burger. This weekend, my husband and I ventured to Woodberry Kitchen in Clipper Mill on a friend's recommendation. It's a semi-upscale restaurant that specializes in locally bought foods and meats.

We started our order with a round of drinks and pickles from the kitchen. I discovered I liked Cognac when my Alexander arrived, made with Cognac, Godiva, cream, and nutmeg.

The pickles were less than stellar. Instead of traditional pickles, a variety of cauliflower, carrots, and onions arrived to our table in a little bell jar. Had we realized that these are what would be served as pickles, we would've skipped this course.

We both ordered the burgers and fries. The burger was perfectly prepared, slightly pink throughout the middle. The meat had a wonderful clean taste to it. Our only problem was that when the burger arrived, the bottom of the roll was soggy from the juice of the burger. My husband felt that this could have been avoided. The burger tasted so fresh and clean, with fresh blue cheese on top, that it didn't matter as much to me. I figured it was bound to get soggy as I was eating it.

For dessert, we had pear cranberry sorbet. There was a flourless chocolate cake on the menu, but I was too full to eat that. Someone tried to bring it to our table, and it looked amazing. I'm saving room for that one next time.

Woodberry Kitchen is located in the new Clipper Mill Development in Baltimore, MD. It was pretty crowded there, so I suggest reservations, if you are interested. Here's their website.

No comments: