Thursday, August 07, 2008

Shoutout

Some time ago, I wrote about a burger I'd eaten at Duda's in Fells Point. I was scanning the posts on chowhound earlier this morning, and found this tale about the employees of Duda's. Just another reason to support this fine establishment:

My brother is in the middle of a 18 month tour in Afghanistan. He was fortunate enough to come home for two weeks near the holidays. During this trip, he obviously missed the Baltimore dining scene and we hit as many of his favorite spots as we could, including Dudas. Almost all restaurant / bar owners were extremely friendly upon realizing this was a brief respite for my brother. The guys at Duda's were no different. Until a few weeks later. My brother returned to the mountains of Afghanistan and received a large package postmarked Fell Point. The guys at Duda's had sent him a giant portable crab feast, crab meat, old bay, Utz potato chip, and other stuff. It went above and beyond a simple nice gesture (the shipping alone probably coat $50).

No comments: