Monday, January 19, 2009

Most Depressing Cupcake Story Ever


I didn't think I could ever top the sad experience of walking in extreme heat to Cake Love and discovering that their cupcakes tasted like old shoes, but I have.

For about 5 or so years now, I have dreamed of going to Sprinkles in LA for a cupcake for 10. I went there last week, stood in line, met some really nice people, ordered up 6 cupcakes (so I would have some on the plane ride home), and heard them call my name.

Then, I discovered that I had accidentally left my wallet in my hotel room 15 miles away at the airport. The picture above is all I took.

Some might scold me for not going back to the hotel, picking up my wallet, and going to get my cupcakes anyway, but that would've taken me over 2 hours, and I just couldn't drive in the traffic there anymore.

Thanks to the nice woman in front of me who gave me some money so I could pay for parking. I really appreciate it.

I guess I'll just have to wait another year or two for the DC location to open.

So sad.

No comments: