Monday, May 18, 2009

Seattle Eats - Dahlia Lounge

Holy yumminess of food at Dahlia Lounge! This restaurant is owned by the famous Seattle chef who's name I do not know. But, he is famous out there and has a bunch of restaurants. I always miss eating at one, and this time wanted to make more of an effort. I was not disappointed. Even though the food was great, my pictures of the food were not, so please bear with me here...

Little ceviche taste from the kitchen to start...


Rockfish, Grapefruit, and Coriander ceviche app


This was so good I don't know where to start. Super awesome flavor, and something you wouldn't see anywhere else.

Fresh Salmon with Arugula (I think), Gnocchi, and some sort of awesome sauce with bacon



This entree is the reason I don't eat salmon unless I'm in the Northwest. Cooked to perfection with a fantastic accompaniment in the gnocchi and the sauce. Plus, just enough bacon to make the dish interesting, without overpowering the fish.

Not pictured are their great desserts. A caramel chocolate pudding with cardamom cream, and warm donuts shaken with cinammon sugar at your table, accompanied with rhubarb jam and marscapone cheese. Delicious!

This restaurant was recommended to me years ago by a local, and I can't believe it took me so long to eat here.

No comments: