Monday, June 29, 2009

GW Fins - New Orleans

It was a difficult decision figuring out where I wanted to have my only dinner in New Orleans, but this place came highly recommended on the web. I was not disappointed. Their oyster appetizer was phenomenal. The oysters were first wood smoked while the shells were heated separately to 500 degrees. They were then placed into the shells with some butter and cooked to perfection. These were so tasty, I could've eaten 30 of them.

I also had the butterfish entree with shrimp etoufee and lobster butter. The fish was perfectly prepared.

Their cocktails are also tasty. They have a signature cocktail made with champagne, and a bunch of fruit juices.

It's a fancy restaurant, but you don't have to dress up to go there. Service was friendly and nice. If you're going to visit the Big Easy, don't miss having dinner here.

No comments: