Monday, June 29, 2009

Doe's Eat Place - Greenville, Mississippi

If you asked me where I would eat the best steak of my life, I would not have said Mississippi. But, it was here at Doe's Eat Place in Greenville, Mississippi, that they make the best steaks I've ever eaten.

I was still full from the awesome fried chicken I ate for lunch, so I only bought the 12 ounce fillet. It came out from the kitchen perfectly prepared, with a great seared crust on top, and yummy juices flowing out onto the plate.

The beef tamales were also fantastic, and are made from a recipe from the original owner dating back to the 1940's.

If you're into dive restaurants, this is your place. It's located in an old grocery store on the wrong side of town (and I mean wrong side...a security guard makes sure your car doesn't get broken into while you're eating). It's not fancy, but who cares, when the food is this good.

Doe's Eat Place is located on Nelson Street in Greenville, Mississippi. There are other locations throughout the south, but this is the original, and I've been told, the best.

No comments: