Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Knitting is Fun...Until...

I recently decided I've been knitting long enough to begin more complicated projects, like lace and cables. My first lace scarf (that I blogged about previously) is going pretty well after a rough start.

So, with that firmly in progress, I started the "Hurry Up Spring Armwarmers" from the Stitch N Bitch Nation book. I finished the right armwarmer after starting it over only three times. Then, I began the left one.

(Note: It is not wise to knit when stressed)

After starting the left one over twice, I was on track. I was reversing the chart just like I was supposed to. Or so I thought. THE LEFT ONE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE RIGHT ONE!

Not to mention that there are 3 major things wrong with my pattern from typographic errors in the book. These books have so many errors! GET AN EDITOR, DEBBIE STOLLER!
I know it is my fault for not double checking first, but geez.

So, I also found out I am not reversing the pattern properly.

Maybe I should've just stuck with stockinette stitch.

No comments: