Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Digital Snobbery (in response to Meg's comment)

Are people really going to sue Radiohead because the bitrate on their release (that they could have gotten for free) isn't high enough for their digital snobbery? Can a person in possession of normal speakers really tell the difference? The album seems fine to me. I cannot tell that it isn't the highest quality I've ever heard. Because, frankly, I cannot tell the difference.

Maybe it's because I'm 1/2 deaf, or maybe it's because I just don't care. People who are whining about this are on my nerves. (pitchfork, I'm lookin' at you)

I know some people are going to come back at this and say "well, they should have mentioned the bitrate up front". Maybe. What's funny is that when the last album hit the Internet before it was even finished, no one complained about the quality. It would've been the same if this album leaked. I think the whole "name your own price" was to prevent that from happening again.

Here's a solution. Next year, just buy the cd when it gets released in stores.

I am done talking about this now.

No comments: