Monday, November 16, 2009

Apple Pie Success!

I don't know what it is about pie making, but I have not had very much success with it. I think I prefer the zen that is mixing cake batter. But, in the tradition of my Grandmas, I feel compelled to keep attempting pies. I used some of the remaining apples to make an apple pie on Sunday, following the instructions from my Cook's Illustrated Baking Cookbook. As usual, they did not let me down. I made my most successful apple pie ever!

I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the pie with the apples. Hopefully, I will get around to that later tonight.

I attribute my success to a tupperware pie guide that my MIL recently passed down to me. It really helped when rolling out the dough to keep it in a circular shape, and size it correctly.

Thanks, Cook's Illustrated and Tupperware pie guide!

Pie Before Oven (check out those pretty dots of butter)!


Pie After Oven (pretty, flaky crust)!

2 comments:

strawberriesinparis said...

sweet kate!!

musing friend said...

That looks great! mm.