Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Halloween Cupcakes

This year, for Halloween, I decided to spend less time on my Utz Girl costume, and more time making festive cupcakes. I tried Martha Stewart's Yellow Buttermilk cupcake recipe and her vanilla buttercream icing for the first time. These recipes can be found in her Cupcake Cookbook, also known as my new favorite cookbook. I thought the cupcakes themselves were a little dry, and will probably use extra large eggs instead of large next time.

This was my first time working with fondant, and I loved it. I made little ghosts and mummies.

Here's the results!





3 comments:

Sarah said...

SO cute.

I <3 Martha's cupcakes.

I used to hate her recipes - some had odd tastes or textures. She's improved, though.

These cupcakes are adorable.

Vlado&Toni said...

lovely cupcakes :) just blog hopping and i ended up here..

Kate. said...

I love these cupcakes, they are so cute! How creative!