Thursday, January 05, 2006

IZZE Drinks. My new best friend.

Last week, I drove to the grocery store to pick up a bottle of sparkling water. As this is the new year, I'm trying not to drink beer during the week and sparkling water tricks my mind into thinking I'm drinking something alcoholic. There, on the top shelf sat some new bottles, Izze Drinks. Like something out of Willy Wonka and the Choclate Factory, there they were smiling at me. Their cute little pieces of fruit graphic in the center with the information below reading, "Fruit Juice and Sparkling water". What? No sugar added? I figured I could throw away the liquid and use the bottle as a vase if the drink inside was not as appealing as the packaging.

Not so.

The drink not only tasted like a burst of pop rocks fruit juice entering my mouth, it energized me. Now I understand what the "fruit buzz" McDonalds is always talking about. I bought the grapefruit, and then the pear. Pomegranate, you wil be next.

I think this is the beginning of a long friendship.

1 comment:

paige3girl said...

I want! I want!! they sound yummy!