Monday, August 21, 2006

Fortunes

I stole a bunch of fortune cookies when I ate lunch at my favorite American Chinese food restaurant, and here's what they said:

"You and your spouse will be happy in your life together"

"You will be advanced socially, without any special effort"

"Nothing can keep you from reaching your goals"

"You will live long and enjoy life"

"You or a close friend will be married within a year"

"Your ability for accomplishment will follow with success"

"An important business venture may soon develop for you"

"You are headed in the right direction. Thrust your instincts"

"Share your abundant humor with others"

As you can see, I really like fortune cookies. More for the cookie, than the fortune. It bothers me that they don't put periods at the end of the fortunes, but they put them in the middle.

I can only hope that the stuff about business means that people will actually buy the stuff I make, when I get around to putting things for sale in my internet store.

Fortunes in general scare me though because of this episode of the Twilight Zone I saw as a little girl where the guy goes to a Chinese restaurant and his fortune comes true. But, then he gets greedy and keeps going back. And at the end of the episode, it says "You will die soon". It really scared the crap out of me. Still does.

No comments: