Thursday, November 01, 2007

Fall Albums

I had intended this list to come to you complete with fancy album cover pictures, but I never have the time to do all of this. So, I present to you a list of fall albums that are currently available for your listening pleasure:

1. Les Savy Fav - Let's Stay Friends - This may be the album of the year for me. Les Savy Fav has stayed an indie rock secret for too long. Their live shows can't be beat and this album was worth waiting a number of years for. Let's hope they make it to the Maryland area soon.

2. Iron and Wine - The Shepard's Dog - Iron and Wine sounds so pretty when you're driving around in the fall. Their new album is another great addition to their catalog. I've been hearing them played alot recently on wtmd. Highly recommended.

3. Liars - selftitled - If you listened to their first album (that I love) and heard this one, you'd swear it was made by a different band. Still, this album is one of the more inventive of the new releases I've heard lately.

4. Enon - Grass Geysers...Carbon Clouds - Another good album from one of my favorite bands. It isn't great, but it's a cute little pop album. They'll be playing the Rock and Roll Hotel in DC on November 15th. I highly recommend attending this show.

5. M.I.A. - Yes, I know this album technically came out in the summer months, but I haven't mentioned it and it's a damn good album. It's super fun and will have you dancing in your car like a silly white girl (if you're me) in no time.

I am also looking forward to hearing the new Beirut album, but haven't listened to it yet. If you've heard it, let me know how it sounds.

No comments: