Thursday, April 24, 2008

Girls Rock!

I just watched the preview for Girls Rock, and I can't wait to see it.

I heard about Rock and Roll Camp for Girls a few years ago and thought it was a wonderful idea. A documentary has been made about this camp, and features some of my favorite women artists, the members of Sleater-Kinney and Peaches, who were teachers.

Having been a teenage girl who always wanted to play keyboards in a band, I can totally relate to this movie.

It's playing now in Baltimore at the Rotunda theater.

1 comment:

-april said...

If you like the movie & the message,I suggest you check out "Rock 'n' Roll Camp for Girls" the new book by Chronicle Books. It is like a camp-in-a-book for girls who can't make it to the actual camps. Lots of great, useful information.
Check it out at:
www.chroniclebooks.com/girlsrock