Monday, June 30, 2008

What I Made for Dinner - 06/29/2008

Since I get accolades from my "Burgers I've Eaten" series from one of my friends, I decided to expand the idea into a new column I'm calling "What I Made for Dinner". In these ever so interesting posts, I will let my lovely readers know what I made for dinner. I enjoy cooking and baking, but I'm definitely a recipe gal. I'll let you know where these recipes came from, but you'll have to look them up for yourselves. I'm not into getting in trouble for copyright things.

I'm implementing a rating system of "good" or "not the best". I inherited some cookbooks from my Grandmother, and she has many handwritten notes in the margins of the recipes. Some of them say "not the best", and I thought that was a nice way of saying she wouldn't make something again. So, in honor of her, I'm going to use her rating system.

And so, I present to you, the first installment of "What I Made for Dinner".

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Majorican Vegetable Pizza
Cooking Light, April 2008, page 158

This pizza contained several elements. First, a homemade crust for the pizza. It didn't have any salt in the dough, which surprised me, but didn't really make a difference in the final taste. Second, I made Samafina, also in this issue, for the topping. It consisted of sauteed onions, garlic, eggplant, red pepper, and zucchini with smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. This was placed on the pizza dough with part skim ricotta cheese (I also added a little 2% 4 cheese Italian), and placed in the oven. I added some sea salt to the pizza before serving.

Here's some pictures:

Veggies are chopped!


Dough and toppings are prepared!


Pizza is ready for the oven!


Slice of the pie!


Good? or Not the Best?

I was surprised at how well this pizza tasted. I was prepared for the eggplant to overwhelm the flavor of the pizza. My husband says he doesn't like eggplant, but he still managed to consume a fair amount of this pizza. It goes in the good column.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this sounds wonderful, I think even Craig would go for this:)
Do you think it would still be good w/out the red pepper? Red pepper doesn't like me:(

K8teebug said...

I think it would be fine without the red pepper!

Meghan said...

this looks fantastic... i loooove the looks of it!