Thursday, September 09, 2010

Tomato Sauce

Each year, my Dad has one of the best gardens around. Last summer, his tomato crop was hit with the blight, so sauce making was not an option. This year, there are almost too many tomatoes! So, I set out to put up 2 baskets of Romas in two nights. I accomplished this goal, and the sauce looks wonderful. Luckily, I had my friend, the Squeezo in the kitchen to help!

I ended up with 15 quarts of sauce, and 4 quarts of roasted tomatoes. I thought I could turn those into sauce at a later date. I chose to freeze everything because I do not have a pressure cooker. I find that the sauce keeps just fine.

Tomatoes in basket, ready to be made into sauce!


Getting their first wash in the sink!


Squeezo!



Sauce on stove (aka, I heart my Le Creuset dutch oven)!



Sauce in bags, ready for freezer!

2 comments:

Lucie said...

Delicious dinners ahead! Sounds perfect :)

Meghan said...

i want a squeezo!

nice sauce!!!!!