Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Graceland

On my recent journey to the south, I managed to get to Graceland. I'm more of a Beatles girl, but I appreciate Elvis all the same. "Suspcious Minds" happens to be one of my favorite songs ever.

My first thought upon entering Graceland was that the house was alot smaller than I had always pictured it in my mind. I liked that they keep the second floor private since Elvis never let people up there when he was alive. I also loved the jungle room with the shag carpet on the ceiling. Somehow, I found myself wondering what Elivs would've done to the place if he had lived past the 1970's, and being glad that the house was stuck in a time warp.

It was neat to see his records, stage costumes, and to know that he loved raquetball.

I was sad that I hadn't planned on going to Graceland that day. If I had, I would've brought a flower to lay at his gravesite.

I didn't get a snowglobe as my lovely friend Taryn had bought me one for my birthday this year.

Below are some pics I took:

Exterior:



Personal Phone



Fuzzy Bed with Stereo Installed in It (from his dressing room)



His microphone



If you've made it this far into the post, you're in for a treat. Waiting for me in the parking lot after the Graceland tour was none other than the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile!

Front View:



Kick ass license plate:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god, did i ever tell you about the time i got to RIDE in the weinermobile?? they even gave me a weinermobile-shaped whistle. toot-toot!

cindy said...

this was really cool to see...me and the hub are going to go to memphis next month and we are definately goin' to graceland! cool photos!