Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Burgers I've Eaten - Part 9

Cotham's in the City - Little Rock, AR

Last week, I travelled back to Arkansas once again. This time, I finally found THE place to eat there. The locals took me out to lunch for a burger, fried pickles, fried green tomatoes, and a fried pie.

I was in heaven.

Cotham's burger is perfectly sized and well charbroiled on the outside. Finely chopped onions add moisture to the burger without overwhelming the flavor of the meat. The bun is perfection with a nice sheen on top.

I have to say that it is Cotham's sides that really send their food over the top. Their fried pickles were thinly sliced, covered in a delicately spiced fine cornmeal, and flash fried so they weren't greasy when they arrived at the table. They were served with a cool ranch dipping sauce. No longer will I accept the whole fried pickles Rocket to Venus sells as edible.

Fried green tomatoes are prepared in relatively the same fashion, and are fabulous. I hope I can slice mine as thin this summer.

If you're planning a visit to Little Rock, don't miss this fabulous, kitchy eatery. I don't recommend looking at the poorly produced photos of their food on their website though. Doesn't do this place justice at all.

But, if you must know the location, here you go.

No comments: