Thursday, March 06, 2008

Lou Reed


Lou Reed is touring a little this year, and it got me thinking about when I went to see him at Bohager's almost 10 years ago. It was so long ago, the concert occurred 2 weeks before my 21st birthday. I still remember the bouncer looking at my license, saying "almost", and then putting big x's on my hands.

I miss the old Bohager's. Someone out there remembers this fine musical venue on Eden Street, before they took over Parrot Island and became a haven for foam parties and Elimidate contestants.

I looked up the setlist from that night, and just felt like posting it, because it was awesome. Sadly, I didn't get to hear "Heroin". But, he did play two of my favorite Velvet Underground songs, "Pale Blue Eyes" and "I'll Be Your Mirror".

Setlist from 08/14/98:

Dorita / Sweet Jane - Egg Cream - Set The Twilight Reeling - Perfect Day - Vicious - Street Hassle - Hooky Wooky - Kicks - Hang On To Your Emotions - Into The Divine - Future Farmers Of America - New Sensations - Dirty Blvd. - Satellite Of Love - Riptide - The Original Wrapper - Pale Blue Eyes - Rock And Roll - Walk On The Wild Side - I'll Be Your Mirror

1 comment:

Meghan said...

we are thinking about going to the 930 club next month!