Monday, March 31, 2008

Daring Bakers Challenge - Dorie's Perfect Party Cake

Adapted from Dorie Greenspan's "Baking: From My Home to Yours"

My friend was visiting from Chicago this weekend and agreed to help and keep me company while we made this wonderful cake for March's Baker's Challenge. I was a little worried about the icing, because I prefer a traditional American Buttercream, but I think the Raspberry preserves offset the heavy butter flavor.

(Note: I am still not the best at taking pictures of food, but I'm working on it. We were so excited to try this cake, I didn't spend too much time decorating it.)

Mixer is ready to work!

Mixing the sugar and the lemon zest.

During the mixing process

Ready for the oven

Cooling

Finished icing

Now with sprinkles

Piece of Cake

5 comments:

Dolores said...

I'm sorry that blogger's not cooperating; I bet your pictures are great! Glad you were able to enlist a kitchen companion on this one.

roopa said...

You made it! (Clearly I did not.)

I want to see pictures!

roopa said...

That cake looks so yummy!!!

We have almost matching mixers :)

Sheltie Girl said...

You did a wonderful job on your cake! Hey, I love that purple Kitchen Aid...It rocks!

Natalie @ Gluten A Go Go

Anonymous said...

Love you purple kitchen aid - I haven;t seen that colour before.

Cake looks delish, too.