Monday, September 22, 2008

Candy Review - Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses



I picked these up at Target the other day because I thought they would be milk chocolate. A closer look at the package would've told me that they were more like the disgusting candy corn kisses released last year. (In case you didn't have the displeasure of eating these, the candy corn ones are also back for Halloween)

The flavor of these kisses is pleasant enough, but the texture is oily, silty, and overly creamy. I probably don't like them because I am not a huge fan of white chocolate.

They definitely have the flavor of pumpkin pie though, so if fake oily white chocolate is your thing, I suggest trying these. In fact, I'll give you a bunch for free. Hurry before my co-workers eat them all.

Note: In case you don't know, Hershey is using mockolate in alot of their products these days. Their traditional candy still uses Milk Chocolate (Hershey Bars, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, and kisses), but the rest have been replaced with an oil based product with chocolate flavoring added. This disappoints me because it affects my previously favorite candy bar, the Take 5. For more information, I recommend visiting Candy Blog.

1 comment:

roopa said...

I'm kind of a ho for anything pumpkin flavored, but these sound NASTY. Blech.