Tuesday, September 02, 2008

What I Made for Dinner - A Few Weeks Ago - Part 2



There's not many things I like to eat more of in the summer than zucchini cakes. My Dad has a huge garden up in the country and supplies me with more fresh vegetables than I know what to do with in the summer. These cakes are a family recipe passed down in our family cookbook from my Aunt B. They are a terrific way to use up all the zucchini in the garden, and they freeze well!

To accompany them, I made Honey Glazed BBQ Chicken Thighs from an issue of Cooking Light. I'm not a big fan of chicken thighs, but this recipe is yummy, and easy to make. You make a dry spice rub, and broil the thighs until they're done, brushing on a honey/apple cider vinegar glaze at the last minute.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

YUUUUUM!